Sewing Machine Operator
Location: 4726 High Point Dr, Gibsonia, PA 15044 | In Person
Abram’s Nation is a family owned and operated manufacturer with over a decade of experience creating products that improve the lives of special needs families around the world. We believe in a “cause over corporate” work environment, and strive to make a positive global impact for the special needs community. Named as one of the best places to work by the Pittsburgh Business Times (2019), we are seeking a team player interested in having a career
with a cause.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Adhering to existing patterns.
- Selecting suitable thread and placing it onto the spool spin.
- Cutting, sewing, and gluing fabric according to the requirements of each article.
- Affixing buttons, zippers, clasps, laces, and similar fittings.
- Operating the foot pedal, plus the stitch length and width regulators, as you sew.
- Replacing the sewing machine’s needle, as required.
- Detecting and repairing basic faults with the sewing machine as they occur.
- Scheduling repairs for the sewing machine and its fittings, as needed.
- Collaborate with the production team to meet daily quotas and production targets while maintaining the highest
level of quality.
- Follow safety protocols and maintain a clean and organized workspace to ensure a safe working environment.
Benefits & Perks:
- Simple IRA matching
- Paid time off
- 40 Hour Week with Available Overtime
- Benefits Stipend, giving the freedom to choose a plan tailored to the individuals needs
- Casual Dress Code
Monday-Friday, 6:00 AM to 2:30 PM or as needed
Education & Experience:
High School Diploma / GED
Employees working in the production area may be exposed to machinery and tools with moving parts. Position frequently requires employees to access storage and shelving units by stretching, squatting, bending, and reaching and the lifting of up to 35 pounds daily. This position may also require the ability to stand or sit for extended periods of time.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Abram’s Nation is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
"*" indicates required fields