Production and Shipping Associate
Department: Production | Reports To: Production Supervisor | Location: 4726 High Point Dr, Gibsonia, PA 15044
NON-Exempt | In Person
Abram’s Nation is a manufacturer with over a decade experience that creates products that improve the lives of special needs families around the world. Abram's Nation, located in Gibsonia, PA, was named as one of the best places to work by the Pittsburgh Business Times (2019) and National Exporter of the Year by the U.S. Small Business Administration in 2017.
Seeking an enthusiastic team player interested in having a positive global impact on the special needs community. The ideal candidate will be adaptable and ready for a new challenge each day as we work through our weekly production goals. Abram’s Nation has a unique culture and we are looking for people that fit in with us. We will train the right person to make sure they have the necessary skill to succeed within our team.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Fabrication of the Safety Sleeper Frame
- Maintaining metal shop work orders
- Inspecting Safety Sleepers
- Packaging and shipping completed products.
- Warehouse shipping and receiving
- Operate fabric cutting plotter
- Bin material after cutting
Education & Training
- High School Diploma / GED
Skills & Experience
- Technical skills are a plus: operating miter saw, drill press, hand drill, manual pipe bender, rivet setter, rotary fabric cutter; using industrial sewing machines
- Strong math skills and attention to detail
- Experience with Cricket or other computer controlled cutting machines is a plus
- Discreet & tactful communication with the entire company team, customers, and shipping suppliers
- Ability to follow directions and communicate understanding
- Values quality craftsmanship
- Ability to work well in teams, proactive/pleasant/helpful/optimistic
- Ability to work independently on solo projects
- Ability to adhere to “Company” policies & procedures
Work is performed in a manufacturing setting with minimal exposure to health or safety hazards. Must be able to lift up to 80-100 pounds with assistance.
Hours / Shifts
6:00 AM to 2:30 PM, Monday – Friday
$15-18 / hour depending on knowledge, skills and experience.
"*" indicates required fields