Wearing your new Cloth/Vinyl mask
Abram’s Nation masks are designed to fit all sizes and fit without gaps against the face per CDC guidelines. Here are a few tips that we have found helpful to get the best use of your mask.
- The mask has two elastic straps on the back one is adjustable by pulling or loosening the elastic in the clip.
- There is a top and a bottom to the mask – the label should be on the left side on the front of the mask, facing up so the wired nose part is fitted to your face, over the nose
- The mask should fit comfortably to your face over your nose – use the elastic clip to get the correct size
- For Vinyl Masks -Anti-Fog: Rub in drop of clear soap. Reapply as needed.
Wear your Face Covering Correctly
- Wash your hands before putting on your face covering
- Put it over your nose and mouth and secure it under your chin
- Try to fit it snugly against the sides of your face
- Make sure you can breathe easily
How to clean
- You can include your face covering with your regular laundry.
- Use regular laundry detergent and the warmest appropriate water setting for the cloth used to make the face covering.
- illustration, washing machine
Washing by Hand
- Prepare a bleach solution by mixing:
- 5 tablespoons (1/3rd cup) household bleach per gallon of room temperature water or
- 4 teaspoons household bleach per quart of room temperature water
- Check the label to see if your bleach is intended for disinfection. Some bleach products, such as those designed for safe use on colored clothing, may not be suitable for disinfection. Ensure the bleach product is not past its expiration date. Never mix household bleach with ammonia or any other cleanser.
- Soak the face covering in the bleach solution for 5 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly with cool or room temperature water.
- Make sure to completely dry cloth face covering after washing.
How to dry
- Use the highest heat setting and leave in the dryer until completely dry.
- Lay flat and allow to completely dry. If possible, place the cloth face covering in direct sunlight.